Текущее время: Вс янв 21, 2018 13:25

Часовой пояс: UTC + 4 часа [ Летнее время ]

Только у нас вы можете получить email вида: ваш_ник@sumqayit.ru Подробнее...

Если вы не знаете как зарегистрироваться, прочтите эту тему: Как правильно зарегистрироваться

steamed past some French 
Автор Сообщение
Знаток

Сообщение steamed past some French
The 86km stage was the most brutal thing that I have ever tackled. There was something like 2,300m of altitude gain and almost the same in descent!

We dropped down into a canyon over a very technical descent with lots of loose rocks and ran along the dried riverbed for 10km, even having Nike Air Max 90 Dames Grijs to do a water-crossing in knee-deep water. The walls were about 100m high and at times got to within a metre apart – it was awe-inspiring!

From CP1 to CP2, it was very hot along a ravine that gently climbed for over an hour in loose river sand.Nike Air Max Command Herre The pink course markers had been moved so a few of us got off-course and had to double back – probably only 500m, but enough to unnerve us!

CP4 to CP5 was an exhausting climb for 10km without a break. By this stage, it was over 40 degrees.

It was around the 45km mark that I started to see myself as a competitor, rather than just a participant. What would happen if I gave this thing a red-hot go??

On a huge descent, I steamed past some French runners who I knew were top-20 athletes and kept my eye on an Italian in the distance. I pipped him as I entered CP6 (55km) and discovered that I was in Nike Air Max Classic Bw Womens about the 17th place. Having still 31km to go, I gave chase to a 25yr-old Danish runner.

By the time the sun was setting, I was leaving CP7 with two other runners, with stage rankings of 12th ,13th and 14th. We grabbed our head torches, turned on Nike Blazer Low Donna our flashing red backpack lights and tackled another steep descent. By this stage, the blisters on the ball of my foot were really starting to play up, but all I could do was dial-in and block out the screaming foot pain – no joke, it felt like I was Nike Air Presto Womens stepping on glass.

After about 12 hours, I crossed the line in 17th place, exhausted and relieved that it was all over. As my tent-mates steadily arrived throughout the night, we all tossed and turned, unable to find a comfortable position to sleep, with what one person describing it as “aching deep in the soul”.

Ср янв 03, 2018 10:37

Часовой пояс: UTC + 4 часа [ Летнее время ]