Текущее время: Пт дек 14, 2018 12:18

Часовой пояс: UTC + 4 часа [ Летнее время ]

Только у нас вы можете получить email вида: ваш_ник@sumqayit.ru Подробнее...

Если вы не знаете как зарегистрироваться, прочтите эту тему: Как правильно зарегистрироваться

c and rookie Mac 
Автор Сообщение
Знаток

Сообщение c and rookie Mac
Jason Verrett has incurred another serious injury before training camp even begins for the Los Angeles Chargers.

The former Pro Bowl cornerback tore his Achilles tendon Friday morning during a conditioning test Carlos Hyde Jersey , one day before the first practice of camp. The Chargers will do more tests to determine the severity of the injury, but it’s another heartbreaking blow to a promising player who has been unable to stay healthy in the NFL.

After making the Pro Bowl during the 2015 season, Verrett missed 12 games in 2016 and 15 games last season due to a persistent knee injury. He returned to full practices during the Chargers’ recent offseason workouts, and he was thrilled for the opportunity to get back to the game.

Verrett has been unable to stay healthy since his Pro Bowl season. Three of his four NFL seasons have ended early due to injuries, and he has missed 39 of 64 possible regular-season games in his career since the Chargers drafted him in the first round in 2014.

Verrett had surgery to repair his ACL in 2016. He made it through just one game last season before needing another knee surgery when the pain proved too stiff.

Injuries have dogged the Northern California native since his college career at TCU, where he famously played his final season with a torn labrum in his shoulder. Verrett has remained upbeat and encouraged through much of his injury struggles, and he expressed optimism after participating in full practices last month at minicamp.

”I dealt with so much adversity getting here, and then the fact that I dealt with a lot of injuries, it’s kept me up to date DeMarcus Ware Jersey ,” Verrett said last month. ”Whenever other people are going through injuries, I feel like I know so much. Tell them, `Hey, work on this,’ or `Work on that.’ I just feel it’s something the man above put on my plate so I’m able to be a gift for somebody else.”

The Chargers begin camp Saturday morning at Jack Hammett Sports Complex in Costa Mesa, California.

SUNRISE, Fla. — The Nashville Predators have already set a franchise record with 113 points.

Now the Predators (51-17-11), who visit the Florida Panthers (40-30-8) on Tuesday night at the BB&T Center, have their sights set on a new goal.

With three games remaining Frank Ragnow Jersey , they have a chance to win their first Presidents’ Trophy, given to the team that leads the NHL in points.

A Predators win on Tuesday would also give them their first division title in franchise history, taking the Central.

Filip Forsberg, a 23-year-old center from Sweden, leads the Predators with 61 points in 64 games. Even though he has missed 11 games with a hand injury and three because of a suspension, he is within four points of breaking his previous career best in that category.

“I want to be one of those guys who makes a difference for my team,” Forsberg told The Tennessean. “That doesn’t have to be on the scoreboard, but I’m more than happy if it is.”

While the Predators are happy, the Panthers are nervous because what was a 75 percent probability of a playoff berth just two weeks ago is now a long shot.

According to hockeyreference.com Boomer Esiason Jersey , the Panthers were down to just a 6.7 percent chance of making the playoffs before Monday’s thrilling 3-2 win over the visiting Carolina Hurricanes.

Defenseman Alex Petrovic scored the go-ahead goal with 7:58 left in the third period to key the win at the BB&T Center. It was just his second goal of the season.

“It doesn’t come too often,” Petrovic said of his goal. “But it was a big goal and a big win. We’re trying to get some wins in the last week of the regular season. We have to keep pushing.”

Certainly, it should help that the Panthers will be back at the BB&T Center on Tuesday. The Panthers are 13-3 in their past 16 games at home.

Another trend in Florida’s favor is that, since the All-Star break, it leads the NHL in points by defensemen.

Normally, the Panthers get defensemen points from Keith Yandle, Aaron Ekblad and Mike Matheson.

On Monday, however, it was Petrovic and rookie MacKenzie Weegar. Weegar’s goal was the second of his career and his first since Oct. 20.

“It has been awhile since I scored Kyle Fuller Jersey ,” Weegar said. “(Jared McCann) made a heads-up play, dropped the puck back to me, and I put it in the back of the net. I was happy to contribute.”

The Panthers will take it because they need every victory they can get. This was Florida’s 40th win of the season, just the fifth time in franchise history they reached that milestone.

The win also gave the Panthers 88 points, five behind the idle New Jersey Devils in the battle for the last wild-card playoff berth in the Eastern Conference.

Florida has four games left in the regular season. New Jersey has three.

“It’s very intense,” Weegar said of the playoff race. “We are fighting for every inch. We’re not going to stop until the last game.”
JaVale McGee Jersey ,

Пн сен 03, 2018 6:17

Часовой пояс: UTC + 4 часа [ Летнее время ]