Текущее время: Вс апр 21, 2019 17:37

Часовой пояс: UTC + 4 часа [ Летнее время ]

Только у нас вы можете получить email вида: ваш_ник@sumqayit.ru Подробнее...

Если вы не знаете как зарегистрироваться, прочтите эту тему: Как правильно зарегистрироваться

Ned Yost will return 
Автор Сообщение
Знаток

Сообщение Ned Yost will return
KANSAS CITY http://www.whitesoxfanproshop.com/authentic-harold-baines-jersey , Mo. (AP) —as the Royals‘ manager next year following Kansas City’s poorest season since 2005.Kansas City announced a one-year extension Sunday before the season finale against Cleveland.“The harmony in the organization is really important,” general manager Dayton Moore said. “We’re at a point in time right now where we think continuity is even more crucial than it has been in the past. We’ve seen the improvement of a lot of the players that are on the field right now. We’re really pleased with the coaching staff.”Yost became Royals manager on May 13, 2010, and led the team to the 2015 World Series title, the team’s first since 1985 and second ever.“Ned’s been a huge part of the success of this organization and we feel it’s important to keep that together,” Moore said. “I enjoy working with him, personally and professionally, and I’m excited about next year.”Yost has confidence going into next season while recognizing some big challenges.“I think we’re making progress,” he said. “I like the fact that the kids made the big jump like they did. Still, I don’t think we’re there yet. I said all along, I want to get us in a position where we can compete. We’re getting closer. I think everybody’s excited about where we’re headed and the way we finished. That was good for everybody. We had our first winning month in September.”Yost anticipates building on that success and working with the young Royals.“That’s why I like coming back, because you build from the beginning Luke Appling Jersey ,” he said. “You have to understand where you’re at and there’s a certain way you got to do it to get it right. It’s easier for me to do it because I’ve been through it. It’s easier for me to get us to that point where we’re right down the road and then let somebody else come in who can really stomp the gas and go from there, like we did in ’13 and ’14.”Moore acknowledged that Yost’s contract status remains year to year.“Ned and I spoke about this in spring training, we spoke about it early on in the season,” Moore said. “He was leaning towards wanting to come back. We would just see how it would develop over the course of the season, and here we are.”Infielder Whit Merrifield is glad to have Yost return for 2019.“We love Ned,” Merrifield said. “It was cool to see him, just like the rest of us, get re-energized with this group of guys. You could just see him walking around with a little more energy and little more pep in his step. He was positive with us all year.”Merrifield appreciated Yost’s even keel through a season in which the Royals went 58-104, tied for the second-worst record in club history.“Even when we were going bad, he was the guy who was telling us to relax and that this was a tough step and we’ll get through it,” he said. “And we did. We got to where we needed to and that’s going into next year having nice momentum and confidence.”Yost also managed Milwaukee from 2003-08. BALTIMORE — The Oakland A’s and the Baltimore Orioles enter their three-game series on Tuesday at Camden Yards headed in different directions.Oakland (87-57) has won four in a row, coming off a weekend sweep of Texas at home. The A’s are in good shape for the playoffs http://www.whitesoxfanproshop.com/authentic-bo-jackson-jersey , just 2 1/2 games behind the Houston Astros in the American League West and having, at the least, locked up a wild-card spot.But Oakland remains just 2 1/2 games behind the New York Yankees for the first of the two wild-card spots. So with 18 games left, the A’s still have plenty to play for. The big key for Oakland, as it was in a victory over Texas on Sunday, is the team has been finding help in so many ways.Article continues below ...That’s one reason the A’s have had such a great season so far.“You get these contributions from so many guys,” A’s manager Bob Melvin told the media. “It’s pretty cool when everybody in that clubhouse is contributing to it.”In the A’s 7-3 win over Texas, Stephen Piscotty hit his 23rd homer, and Shawn Kelley, who has been helping the bullpen since the A’s picked him up from Washington, got the win in relief.The Oakland lineup features five players with more than 20 home runs — led by Khris Davis (41 homers, 108 RBIs). The team can hurt an opponent in so many ways.Baltimore http://www.whitesoxfanproshop.com/authentic-luis-aparicio-jersey , however, is going in a completely different direction.The Orioles held a massive fire sale and got rid of a number of high-priced veterans in July as the first step in a major rebuilding project that leaves many questions unanswered. Baltimore has been fielding a very young and inexperienced lineup in recent days as management is trying to get a look at what they’ve got.It’s a big reason the Orioles have not played well for various stretches since all of the trades while hitting better. But they are coming off Tampa Bay beating them in three straight games in a series this past weekend in Florida.Overall, Baltimore went 1-8 on that road trip and now sits at 41-102, the worst record in the major leagues. The younger players keep making mental and physical mistakes.“We’ll meet Tuesday and go over a lot of game mistakes and see if we can keep from repeating them,” Orioles manager Buck Showalter told the media after Sunday’s loss in Tampa Bay. “We did a lot of things young players do.”The Orioles will send Alex Cobb (5-15, 4.97 ERA) to the mound against the A’s Mike Fiers (11-6, 3.36). Cobb has been dealing with a blister issue and hasn’t pitched since Sept. 4.Despite the record, Cobb has been strong for the Orioles since the All-Star break. He has gone 3-1 since Aug. 1 and has pitched much better than earlier in the season. Cobb is 4-3 with a 2.25 career ERA versus Oakland.Fiers starts for the A’s. He is 11-6 with a 3.36 ERA but has pitched well since coming to Oakland in an August trade with the Tigers.Fiers is 4-0 with a 2.94 ERA in six Oakland starts and has given the A’s a needed boost. He has a 2-1 record and a 2.25 career ERA against Baltimore.

Чт янв 17, 2019 8:58

Часовой пояс: UTC + 4 часа [ Летнее время ]