Текущее время: Сб фев 16, 2019 8:38

Часовой пояс: UTC + 4 часа [ Летнее время ]

Только у нас вы можете получить email вида: ваш_ник@sumqayit.ru Подробнее...

Если вы не знаете как зарегистрироваться, прочтите эту тему: Как правильно зарегистрироваться

All that Logan Forsythe has done since arriving in Minnesota 
Автор Сообщение
Знаток

Сообщение All that Logan Forsythe has done since arriving in Minnesota
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The veteran infielder joined the Twins at the beginning of August in a trade that sent popular second baseman Brian Dozier to the Los Angeles Dodgers. Thursday night was Forsythe’s 14th game in a Minnesota uniform http://www.angelsfanproshop.com/authentic-blake-wood-jersey , and arguably his best.Forsythe had a career-high five hits and Jorge Polanco drove in four runs as the Twins outslugged the Detroit Tigers for a 15-8 victory.“Forsythe has come over here and has gotten on fire,” manager Paul Molitor said. “It’s given us a big lift.”The teams combined for seven homers, with Polanco’s three-run shot accounting for one of three by the Twins. Miguel Sano and Ehire Adrianza also went deep for Minnesota, which broke the game open with a seven-run sixth inning.Forsythe raised his batting average with the Twins to .449 (22 for 49). He was lifted for a pinch-runner in the seventh and received a nice ovation from the Target Field crowd.“I just felt like I’ve been in a good place and I just try to stay consistent with that approach, and the work, and it just came out tonight,” said Forsythe, who had two doubles. “A little luck’s involved when you get five in one night.”Minnesota chased Tigers lefty Francisco Liriano (3-8) in the second. A two-run, opposite-field homer by Sano ended Liriano’s night after he allowed eight runs, four earned.“Frankie obviously didn’t have his stuff and they whacked him around pretty good,” Detroit manager Ron Gardenhire said. “We got back in the ballgame pretty nicely and then they had another big inning.”Twins starter Ervin Santana wasn’t particularly sharp, either Zack Greinke Jersey , in his fifth start after missing most of the year rehabbing a finger injury. Santana was pulled in the fifth after loading the bases with nobody out. He gave up seven runs and seven hits.Mikie Mahtook and James McCann hit consecutive homers off Santana in the fourth to trim Minnesota’s lead to 8-5. It was the first time all season the Tigers connected for back-to-back shots.“It was one of those games where you need to keep fighting through it and put together some good at-bats,” Mahtook said. “Unfortunately, some of their balls found holes and they scored more runs than we did.”Polanco’s first-inning homer put the Twins up 3-2 after Nicholas Castellanos‘ two-run homer in the top of the inning gave Detroit an early lead.The Tigers threatened in the fifth, and Trevor May walked in a pair of runs in relief of Santana to make it an 8-7 game.May (1-0) was credited with the win, his first since July 29, 2016, after missing last year due to elbow surgery. He threw two scoreless innings after walking in runs charged to Santana.“Getting a win added next to my name, especially as a reliever, is I think less important than just wins in general,” May said.GARDENHIRE WEIGHS INOne day after Marlins right-hander Jose Urena hit streaking Braves rookie Ronald Acuna with his first pitch of the game, the play was a common topic in MLB clubhouses. Urena was handed a six-game suspension.Gardenhire offered his opinion on the subject when asked about it before Thursday’s series opener in Minnesota.“I would be mad enough if I were the manager, I might start him tomorrow and lead him off just so they can smoke him and knock him out just because he did something so stupid Paul Goldschmidt Jersey , throw at a kid like that just because he’s hit home runs,” Gardenhire said.TRAINER’S ROOMTigers: SS Jose Iglesias was out of the lineup and will miss “a couple days,” according to Gardenhire. Iglesias injured his right thumb during Tuesday’s game against the White Sox.Twins: LHP Adalberto Mejia underwent a series of tests on his left wrist at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester and was diagnosed with nerve irritation. The team said there is no timetable for Mejia to begin rehabbing. He was injured Aug. 7 against Cleveland.UP NEXTTigers: LHP Matthew Boyd (7-10, 4.20 ERA) takes the mound looking to build off his last start, a six-inning, two-hit effort against the Twins five days ago in Detroit.Twins: RHP Kyle Gibson (6-9, 3.49) got the win against the Tigers his last time out, allowing just one run over seven innings. DETROIT (AP) Mike Fiers got the Detroit Tigers off to a nice start. Too for him, it didn’t last long.Fiers exited soon after being hit in the left shin in the second inning, and the Detroit Tigers relied on their bullpen to beat the Cincinnati Reds 7-4 Wednesday for a two-game series sweep.”That was supposed to be easy,” Tigers manager Ron Gardenhire said.Fiers was struck by a liner from Mason Williams, who wound up with a single when the ball caromed toward the first base line. Fiers finished the inning but didn’t come out for the third.”It wasn’t too bad – it is just a bruise – but I couldn’t really land on it http://www.diamondbacksfanproshop.com/authentic-patrick-corbin-jersey ,” Fiers said. ”The guys here didn’t want to risk me changing my delivery and hurting my arm.”X-rays on Fiers’ shin were negative. It was unclear whether he will make his next scheduled start.”We’re going to see how he is,” Gardenhire said. ”It swelled up pretty big.”Drew VerHagen (2-2) followed as the first of six relievers and pitched three scoreless innings.”He had his good sinker going tonight, and that’s tough for a hitter to get the barrel on,” Tigers catcher John Hicks said. ”Even if they do make contact, they are going to drive it into the ground.”Shane Greene pitched the ninth for his 23rd save in 26 chances.Sal Romano (6-9) allowed four runs and eight hits in 5 1/3 innings.Jose Iglesias hit a two-run double in the second, and Jim Adduci had a solo homer in the fourth.Detroit made it 6-0 in the sixth when Ronny Rodriguez hit an RBI double and scored on Iglesias’s single over a drawn-in infield. A throwing error by left fielder Phillip Ervin allowed in another run.Cincinnati also threw away two relay throws to the plate, both allowing runners to advance on the bases.”That was just bad baseball,” Reds interim manager Jim Riggleman said. ”It is great effort, but bad performance. We have to find a way to clean that up.”Cincinnati closed to 6-4 in a four-run seventh, starting the inning with six consecutive hits off Alex Wilson that included Preston Tucker’s RBI single and Curt Casali’s two-run double.Billy Hamilton added an RBI single off Louis Coleman, but Casali was thrown out at the plate by Rodriguez from first when he tried to score on a groundout.”It was just not a good baserunning play on my part,” Casali said. ”The hesitation cost me. I wish I could go back Randy Johnson Jersey , because that was a rally-killer on my part.”Rodriguez, who replaced Adduci in the sixth, finished with two hits and two runs. Adduci also had two hits, including the homer.”That’s great strategy, I guess,” Gardenhire said. ”They went to the lefty, and Rodriguez was the obvious move, but he made me look good.”JaCoby Jones, who forced Joey Votto at second on an apparent bloop single in the top of the eighth, had an RBI single in the bottom of the inning.”I put my hand up like I was going to catch it, and that froze him,” said Jones http://www.diamondbacksfanproshop.com/authentic-a.-j.-pollock-jersey , a converted shortstop. ”After that, I was just playing it like an infielder and trying to make a good throw.”TRAINER’S ROOMReds: With OF Scott Schebler (right shoulder) still waiting to start a rehab assignment and OF Jesse Winkler having season-ending shoulder surgery on Tuesday, Tucker was Cincinnati’s designated hitter and will see action in the outfield.Tigers: LHP Francisco Liriano is scheduled to start Sunday in Oakland. The allergic reaction that caused him to miss his first start after the All-Star break was finally determined to be caused by a chemical used on his lawn in Miami.UP NEXTReds: RHP Tyler Mahle (7-8, 4.53) starts Thursday at Washington, with RHP Max Scherzer (14-5, 2.30) starting for the Nationals.Tigers: LHP Blaine Hardy (4-3, 3.61) starts Friday at Oakland. LHP Brett Anderson (2-2, 5.55) opens for the Athletics.

Чт янв 31, 2019 7:12

Часовой пояс: UTC + 4 часа [ Летнее время ]