Текущее время: Ср ноя 14, 2018 9:43

Часовой пояс: UTC + 4 часа [ Летнее время ]

Только у нас вы можете получить email вида: ваш_ник@sumqayit.ru Подробнее...

Если вы не знаете как зарегистрироваться, прочтите эту тему: Как правильно зарегистрироваться

2014-15 championship season. 
Автор Сообщение
Знаток

Сообщение 2014-15 championship season.
Lawrence Guy has tried to use every trial he’s faced in his life as an opportunity to learn something about himself.

It helped the Patriots defensive lineman trudge through learning disabilities as a child and in college.

Later Authentic Joel Iyiegbuniwe Jersey , he overcame the emptiness he felt while helping his wife through a miscarriage during her fifth month of pregnancy.

But as he begins his second training camp in New England, the eighth-year defensive lineman is feeling more grounded and less like an NFL nomad.

He proved to be one of the few consistent pieces on the Patriots defense last season and expectations will be higher as one of the most-tenured players on the defensive line.

Guy is embracing it as his next challenge and says the lessons he’s learned off the football field have prepared him for whatever comes next for him on it.

”I’m still growing,” Guy said. ”Every year you play you’re growing trying to be a better player. … I’m not looking at my years in the league as `Oh, I’ve made it.’ I’m looking at how I’m going to get better.”

Last season Guy highlighted the struggles he and his wife, Andrea, endured in 2016 by honoring the organization that helped him through the loss of their unborn child , Estelle, during the NFL’s My Cleats, My Cause Initiative.

The pain will never fully subside, Guy said, but they did reach a milestone this past June when Andrea gave birth to a daughter, Adriana Paola.

Her arrival not only gave Guy an emotional pickup Quenton Nelson Color Rush Jersey , he said it has grounded him as a football player.

”When she came, the outlook on life became different,” Guy said. ”Your perspective when you come on this field is different. You know you have someone else behind you. I’m playing for my last name, I’m playing for my teammates and I’m playing for my daughter.”

Adriana is already walking and has run into her father’s arms every day after practice.

”To have her here … she may not quite understand it, but you can see the eyes open up when she sees me,” Guy said. ”That feeling is amazing.”

The Patriots signed Guy to a four-year, incentive-laden free agent deal prior to last season. He proved to be worthy of investment, producing 58 combined tackles during the 2017 season – more than any other New England interior lineman. The team showed its appreciation for his efforts in 2017 and following their Super Bowl loss to Philadelphia added a $500,000 bonus to his 2018 salary.

It was a gesture the team didn’t have to make.

Guy appeared in 54.91 percent of New England’s snaps in 2017, just short of the 55 percent that would have triggered the bonus.

He will have to make the roster to see that money, with no guaranteed salary left in his deal after the $4.9 million he made last season. But Guy seems to be a lock on a unit that needs continuity after struggling down the stretch of 2017.

Run stopping is an area that Guy excels in. The hope is that 6-foot-2, 305-pound Danny Shelton Malik Hooker Jersey , an offseason trade acquisition from Cleveland, can supplement Guy’s efforts in 2018.

Shelton said recently that it’s been easy to develop a rapport with fellow linemen such as Guy, Malcolm Brown and defensive end Trey Flowers.

”We’re all kind of at that point in our career where we know of players and we respect each other’s game,” Shelton said. ”It’s not hard to make friends when you know and you respect the guy’s game.”

The defense will have a new look to it with linebackers coach Brian Flores calling plays following former defensive coordinator Matt Patricia’s departure.

Guy said he’s ready to fill whatever role the Patriots ask of him.

”Right now, we’re just trying to stack days,” Guy said. ”We’re not looking who’s this or who’s that. We’re trying to come together as a unit and move forward every single day. … Every day I step on that field I have to get better at something.”

Long before tipoff, Stephen Curry swished his routine tunnel shot on the second try. Once the game began, the two-time MVP stood along the bench anxiously waiting for his turn, shaking his legs and clapping his hands with nervous energy and anticipation.

Then – mouthpiece dangling, of course – Curry finally entered at the 4:20 mark of the first quarter to a roaring ovation from the Oracle Arena crowd and immediately got to work. He knocked down a 3-pointer from the left wing 11 seconds later and was off and running in Golden State’s 121-116 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night.

”It was an eternity it felt like, for sure,” Curry said. ”When the lights come back on after the starting lineups you’re usually in the go kind of mind frame. I had to kind of pace myself and be patient with it. It seemed like it took forever but it was a good feeling to get back out on the floor and just let loose and have fun.”

Curry came off the bench to score 28 points in a triumphant return from a knee injury and nearly six weeks off Logan Cooke Color Rush Jersey , and the Warriors held off Anthony Davis and the pesky Pelicans to go ahead 2-0 in the Western Conference semifinals.

All is right with the Warriors again now that No. 30 is back on the floor – even as a backup.

”It brought a lot of life to the building, a lot of life to our team’s spirit. Pretty fitting for sure,” Draymond Green said of Curry’s immediate 3.

Kevin Durant scored 29 points with a huge 3-pointer with 3:10 to play, to go with seven assists and six rebounds in Golden State’s franchise-record 14th consecutive postseason victory at Oracle Arena. Green contributed 20 points, 12 assists and nine rebounds while battling Davis on both ends all night.

Davis finished with 25 points and 15 rebounds, and Jrue Holiday had 24 points, eight rebounds and eight assists for the Pelicans, who also got 22 points and 12 assists from Rajon Rondo.

”It was tough,” Davis said. ”We were in it the whole game.”

Andre Iguodala converted a snazzy three-point play with 6:41 left when he flipped the ball up and it came back down and through the net as he was fouled by Rondo, then Golden State pulled away.

The best-of-seven series resumes with Game 3 on Friday at New Orleans.

Curry shot 8 for 15 with five 3-pointers and grabbed seven rebounds in 27 minutes. He let it fly for a 30-foot 3 in the closing minute of the third.

”He’s going to score,” New Orleans coach Alvin Gentry said.

The Warriors were focused on keeping their edge after a blowout Game 1 win.

Just the energy Curry brings helped that cause.

The whole place came alive when he made his first appearance on the floor.

”That was a special moment when Steph checked into the game,” Warriors coach Steve Kerr said.

Curry had been sidelined since spraining his left knee March 23 Kerry Hyder Jersey , the same day he came back from a six-game absence with a right ankle injury.

He already had a history of brilliant returns from injuries.

In late December against Memphis, Curry came back after being sidelined 11 games with a sprained right ankle to score 38 points with 10 3-pointers.

Curry returned for Game 4 of the Warriors’ five-game Western Conference semifinals against Portland two years ago and made 16 of 32 shots with five 3-pointers and scored 17 points in overtime on the way to 40 in a 132-125 victory. He grabbed nine rebounds and dished out eight assists.

The game had its testy moments.

Curry made a bounce pass in transition to Iguodala late in the third and Solomon Hill was hit with a flagrant 1 for grabbing Iguodala’s neck area as he shot. That came 14 seconds after a double-technical against Davis and Green after they got tangled and rolled around and over each other.

”I live for playoff basketball. It’s the most fun time of the year for me,” Green said.

Klay Thompson never found his groove and went 4 for 20, 2 of 11 on 3s, and scored 10 points. Iguodala scored 15.

Green drove coast to coast for a three-point play 2:08 before halftime, then Thompson banked in a 3 at the halftime buzzer for a 58-55 Warriors edge at intermission.

Even a balanced Pelicans attack – they took 105 shots – with all five starters scoring in double figures wasn’t enough to stop the explosive defending champions.

TIP-INS

Pelicans: Nikola Mirotic fouled out with 2:43 left after scoring 18 points. … The Pelicans scored 38 points in the paint the first two quarters. … New Orleans went 13 for 37 from deep, 4 of 20 in the first half.

Warriors: Curry came off the bench for just the second time in 76 career playoff games. … Nick Young started a second straight game. … Golden State has won 26 of the last 28 meetings overall vs. the Pelicans. … Home run king Barry Bonds sat courtside and congratulated Curry afterward.

REBOUNDING GREEN

Green had games of 19, 18 and 15 rebounds the previous three games and a triple-double in Game 1 – then was one board shy of another.

”He’s been saving himself for the playoffs,” Kerr said.

QUOTEABLE

”It was a lot more fun when I was over there,” Gentry joked of preparing for the Warriors, referring to his time as Golden State’s top assistant during the franchise’s 2014-15 championship season.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Customized Jerseys

Ср окт 10, 2018 12:58

Часовой пояс: UTC + 4 часа [ Летнее время ]