Текущее время: Пт ноя 16, 2018 5:05

Часовой пояс: UTC + 4 часа [ Летнее время ]

Только у нас вы можете получить email вида: ваш_ник@sumqayit.ru Подробнее...

Если вы не знаете как зарегистрироваться, прочтите эту тему: Как правильно зарегистрироваться

not a test of runners who 
Автор Сообщение
Знаток

Сообщение not a test of runners who
A bit over a week ago adidas introduced their new Boost midsole technology. Based on mechanical testing, Boost is touted as providing the best energy return of any cushioning Nike Air Huarache Womens material currently incorporated into a running shoe. This finding Nike Dunk SB Low Donne was confirmed by Runner’s World Magazine, who put the shoe to the test in their shoe lab and found the cushioning material to indeed be a cut above the rest when it comes to energy return.After the Boost introduction, I wrote a post in which I criticized the marketing approach taken by adidas, pointing out that how a material behaves in mechanical testing may not Nike Air Presto Mujer be the same Nike Air Max 95 Femme as how it behaves on the human foot. I received a bunch of responses to that post, many via private email, and the vast majority came from people agreeing with what I wrote. One of those emails came from Amby Burfoot, who has watched shoes evolve (or devolve depending on your perspective) for over 40 years. Amby and I share an interest in the science of running, and we exchange emails frequently on topics such as this (and as revealed in his article, we also apparently share a fear of our wives’ reactions to Nike Dunk Sky High Mujer excessive running shoe purchases). It turns out that he shared my skepticism about whether Boost would actually work as well on a runner as it apparently does for a metal ball.Amby mentioned to me that he had made some inquiries about Boost, and that he was writing an article on the shoe for his Peak Performance Blog on Nike Air Presto Womens RunnersWorld.com. That article was published today, and it is a terrific piece of work.Amby writes about how Runner’s World confirmed the mechanical testing results that adidas has been touting, but he’s also not buying that this is necessarily a reason to go out and spend $150 on the shoes. He writes that the ball-drop test is “… a machine and materials test, not a test of runners who are running.” He quotes from the ASTM (American Society Nike Dunk Sky High Womens for Testing and Materials) which states that “Shock attenuating values determined by this test method, for materials systems of athletic footwear, may not correlate with similar values Adidas NMD Mujer experienced by a runner’s heel or foot.” He discusses bimoechanist Benno Nigg’s views on the criteria that must be met for energy return from a shoe to have value to a runner. He really covers quite a bit of ground.Perhaps Adidas ZX 750 Mens most interestingly, Amby did some probing regarding whether adidas did any physiological testing to look at whether Boost benefits running economy and found the following:“Most exercise physiologists believe that increased energy return has meaning only if it decreases the amount of oxygen you use while running. Adidas has apparently conducted such a test and found that the boost midsole lowers oxygen consumption by about 1 percent Adidas Superstar Womens compared to a same-weight EVA midsole shoe. That’s a modest amount, subject to confirmation, variable among different users, and not a strong reason for wearing a running shoe unless you are aiming for the world record.”

Чт ноя 01, 2018 6:32

Часовой пояс: UTC + 4 часа [ Летнее время ]